Re: [NTLK] MP2100 Offset of Recognition

From: Stefan Thorsteinson <Stefan_at_TeamAircom.com>
Date: Tue Aug 25 2009 - 12:48:59 EDT

Hi Don,

Yes, we have the same animal. Like I mentioned before, I love the Newt
protection and Wallet functionality. I have another case that is a work in
progress. I think the company ran into trouble because a contractor kept a
pattern they had specifically for the MP2X00. It's nylon construction and
has space for Newt, Keyboard and pouches for wallet. I sacrificed a Calise
case for the leather to make my own sleeve for Newt. We'll see how it goes.

I believe there is strong merit to comments about jaggies brought on from
case pressure. My MP2100 is previously owned and has a couple of bruises on
the case. Otherwise, it's in really good shape. I only had one, very small,
fragment of plastic drop out. The dirt build up and pressure sound like
feasible culprits. Time will tell.

I just finished putting it back together and have JOY! No more jaggies. The
edge of the screen was filthy. My clue was sliding a white business card in
yesterday and it came out black. I'm confident most of the dirt was
inherited. Road dust from my recent holiday sure didn't help. (Jaggies 101
was very helpful as was Eckhart's site for take apart and put back together.
Thank you!)

FWIW: I use Brain Wash #1 & #2 by Fellows for cleaning. It leaves a very
nice finish on the screen for writing. My eyes aren't what they used to be
and I'm pretty stubborn so, using a screen protector forces me to put my
glasses on. Frustrating when all I want to do is get some info or jot a note
and carry-on. I've had good success with treating the screen with care and
cleaning the tip of my stylus BEFORE I touch the screen. A quick wipe on the
shirt works well. I made the mistake with my first Newt and put a scratch in
the screen with a piece of dirt stuck to the stylus tip. :(

Thanks to all for your input. Very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Stefan Thorsteinson