Re: [NTLK] MagicCap and Newton

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Tue Aug 18 2009 - 19:38:27 EDT

On 8/18/2009 3:45 PM, Ed Kummel wrote:
*snip*
> *BUT* if you want to have some fun, go ahead and download a version of it from my server:
> http://www.tek-ed.com/magic_cap.zip
> It's three disks worth of installation (sorry, Windows only).
> I've never installed it on XP, so I don't know if it will work or not..

Oh cool I will grab a copy. I read a lot about them but never did get a
chance to try it out. I often heard it being said it was a poor dumb
cousin to the Newt. But then you are right it was designed for ease of
use more than anything else.

Another problem...software, there was never much for it compared to the
Newton.

Also there was a magic capp package for the Newton 1.3 but not having a
1.3 I never was able to try it and see if it actually worked. I think
it was a beta or a demo though.

-Dan