Re: [NTLK] Newton WiFi Question

From: RAParker <quadzillanet_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon Aug 10 2009 - 16:21:17 EDT

On Aug 10, 2009, at 9:38 AM, montgomeryward18 wrote:

How would I connect my Newt to a random network? For example If I were at Starbucks or McDonalds or If I wanted to connect to a negihbors network?

The WaveLAN drivers have no way of seeking and telling you what SSID's are available. You will need a Wifi detector that tells you what the SSID's (and security mode) of the signals that are out there... an iPhone or iPod touch should do the trick. ;-)

However, if you don't specify an SSID in your WaveLAN configuration, you are essentially telling your Wifi card to "Roam." It will then connect to the first, strongest signal your WaveLAN card sees.

Ron

--
Sent using an iNewt 3G Touch.
--
 |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM
--
My name is RAParker. I own a Newton and a Mac.