Re: [NTLK] Apple Tablet Probably Imminent

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri Aug 07 2009 - 11:43:26 EDT

The set up is simpler. A thin tablet and keyboard with a small form factor will fit in a neoprene case. My laptop with its AC adapter won't. The prop arm is built into the tablet, so that is not an extra thing to carry.

The battery life on Apple's tablet will be excellent such that you won't have to carry an ac adapter. The circuitry will likely be the same footprint as the Air, so the rest of it will be one big lithium phosphate battery, just like the iPhone is about half battery. This can be accomplished through the absence of an optical drive.

Of course the beauty of this is that if you don't want a keyboard, then all you need is the thin, 10 or 12" slate to carry with you, that weighs just a few lbs.