Re: [NTLK] 10.5 and Dates Syncing

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Wed Apr 29 2009 - 07:18:41 EDT

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:57 PM, William Ross <ntlk@paxswill.com> wrote:

> I've recently been tinkering with my 2100 again, and I'm running into
> difficulties syncing my calendars. I've tried using both nSync and
> NCX, but the option for syncing is grayed out in NCX, and nSync won't
> properly read my iCal calendars. I have no trouble installing packages
> through NCX, and I can sync Names and time through nSync. It's just my
> calendars that I'm having trouble with.
> Setup:
> MacBook Pro running 10.5.6
> 2100 with a WaveLAN Silver upped to Gold
> Default OS X personal info apps

I use Blunt <http://40hz.org/Pages/Blunt>, a PICO Card, and IC/VC
<http://40hz.org/Pages/IC/VC> to manually export Names and Dates
entries as vCard & iCal files, respectively, and send them to my
MacBook Air via Bluetooth. Then it's just a matter of double clicking
the resulting vCard/iCal files to have Address Book/iCal add them, but
it does mean that I have to keep track of what is updated where and
merge them manually (at least for calendar entries going into iCal).
My Newton is my master calendar, so it's pretty easy there, but my
Names entries could go either way.

I think until NCX gets its sync functionality completed or until
someone uses Eckhart Köppen's RDCL <http://rdcl.sourceforge.net/> to
make a new sync utility.

Morgan Aldridge

---