Re: [NTLK] Slowing Newt 2x00 = aging flashcard?

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Apr 24 2009 - 09:55:28 EDT

I tend to agree with Sonny. And add that reduced heap can also be a
problem.

The best solution would be to backup and restore each of your memory
devices as well as freeze or delete unnecessary packages.

Your Newton always stores data where you tell it to whether you
remember or not. So you may have data for each of your favorite apps
stored in three or more places (Removed Cards)
Notes, Dates and Names allow the selection of always storing
internally, I always use this, which overrides the tic box on storage
cards.
Look at your Storage Folder in Extras to see where you have
information stored and to see if you have large caches from browsers
etc.
Carefully consolidate data for each app and delete old stuff.

Once everything looks good and you can confidently backup (use Card
and computer if possible). If computer is not possible then you will
need to use cards to move your data (Remember that stored data does
not show up as packages, you must look for it in Storage)

Good luck
Woody