Re: [NTLK] Safari Pad - Apple's Tablet Computer

From: <Reilly001os_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Apr 21 2009 - 20:03:30 EDT

Hi Joel,
Well if apple keeps avoiding markets where they would shine(tablets, netbooks, etc) they're going to lose revenue anyway. I personally would buy an apple netbook or tablet instead of a full size laptop but since apple doesn't offer either my new "Mac" is an Acer Aspire One running Leopard. The machine only cost 232USD, but I would gladly pay 2-2.5 times that for a real apple netbook. Apple would've lost even more revenue if I had just downloaded (pirated) osx86 without buying leopard but I'm too honest for my own good and bought a Leopard family pack to cover my 2 desktops and hackintosh netbook (I know I'm totally violating the eula on the netbook but I at least put an apple sticker on it to kinda, maybe, sorta make it apple branded hardware....of course I did leave the "designed for windows" sticker on it too lol).
I think a lower cost tablet or netbook would be a much better way to draw switchers then the mini as more people use laptops these days. Plus they could easily divide the ranks by only offering single core Intel atom cpus(netbooks) or dual core Intel atoms (if such a beast exists)/low end core 2 duo cpus for tablets.

Joe