Re: [NTLK] Safari Pad - Apple's Tablet Computer

From: Lord Groundhog <lordgroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Apr 21 2009 - 17:08:50 EDT

~~~ On 2009/04/21 16:18, Ed Kummel at tech_ed@yahoo.com wrote ~~~

> And to add to this list (albiet in a somewhat humourous, yet serious manner)

Thanks, Ed. For a variety of reasons, I really really needed to laugh just
now. Properly laugh. This did it.

But you forgot:
10. the product, known as "iNextBigThing", will be featured in a series of
quirky but attractive commercials designed to make the target market feel as
though this is the possession that will, once and for all, lift them above
the common crowd so that they will never again look at themselves in the
mirror and think, "My life is boring!" All set to a soundtrack of the very
coolest music of course.

11. it will spawn a 2nd series of official commercials in which users of
iNextBigThing are shown to be hipper, happier and otherwise better than
users of the competition (which will probably be made by Micro$oft, used by
people who look like office clerks and will come in brown). These will in
their turn spawn unofficial YouTube imitations in which anything goes in the
pursuit of satire, vengeance, irony, burlesque, social significance,
mockery, surrealism, or any combination of these and other goals personal or
commercial.

Personally, I'll settle for a true revival of the Newton. B-)

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl