Re: [NTLK] MP130 keeps bringing up diagnostics on startup

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Apr 18 2009 - 09:39:19 EDT

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Russ Bravo <russbravo@lineone.net> wrote:
> Hi all

Hey Russ, greetings from NYC

> Wondered if anyone had encountered this before. Picked up an MP130
> recently - first time I started it (via AC adapter) it started up
> fine to the Welcome screen etc. Then disconnected the AC adapter,
> noting that I needed to put a new backup battery in, and tried it
> with batteries. No joy at all. Not a flicker.

I had my MP130 similar but not exact - I had to just remove the batteries
and let it sit for awhile and then come back - it started back up on A/C
later... never tried batteries as I have a rechargeable pack in there but it
did work with that after I had it charged up fully.

Now, whenever I try to start it via the AC adapter it immediately
> goes to a suite of Diagnostic tools - it will cycle through those OK......

...... and it then seems to freeze. Whatever I try it won't
> the reset button and various combinations via the Power slider.
>
> Any ideas, anyone? Could be a job for the Gruendelmeister :)

No idea here at all. If it's going to the diagnostic the only I could think
of would be that the contacts that get you into Diag Mode is shorting out
some how...
It's good for shooting shots of the various modes though... :/ Frank will be
the one to give you a better answer for sure. Maybe there is issue with the
PCB and that's why the short.... hmmmmm.....

Sonny

Russ, UK

God bless,
Sonny Hung