Re: [NTLK] 2010 Fix Alpha Testers Needed

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 13:16:49 EDT

Quick question, will this work on older newtons? Say 120/130? If it
does, then perhaps testing should be done on that first? ROM
replacement shouldn't be needed since before 2x000 all patches were
stored in SRAM rather than flash. Probably won't work on a 2x000 but
thought I would offer the suggestion. ;)

-Dan

On 4/6/2009 3:11 AM, Eckhart Köppen wrote:
> I'm looking for alpha testers for the low level 2010 patch
> (<http://40hz.org/Pages/Newton%20Year%202010%20Solution>) for MP2100 US.
>
> The fix comes with two caveats:
>
> 1) It can render your Newton useless, and getting it back to live requires
> either swapping in a German MP2100 ROM board, or sending the Newton to me.
> 2) It can still exhibit the same or similar symptoms like the original
> 2010 problem, and more specifically might require a brain wipe to get the
> Newton back to normal.
*snip*