Re: [NTLK] 2010 Fix Alpha Testers Needed

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 10:05:27 EDT

Does that mean if I need to send it to you to revive it then I need to remember
my German =8-O

I'm in as I have a "spare" sitting around here, but like Doc Clu I need to get
my backup machine found ;-) I haven't tried any of my Newton tools on 10.5 yet.

william

Eckhart Köppen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for alpha testers for the low level 2010 patch
> (<http://40hz.org/Pages/Newton%20Year%202010%20Solution>) for MP2100 US.
>
> The fix comes with two caveats:
>
> 1) It can render your Newton useless, and getting it back to live requires
> either swapping in a German MP2100 ROM board, or sending the Newton to me.
> 2) It can still exhibit the same or similar symptoms like the original
> 2010 problem, and more specifically might require a brain wipe to get the
> Newton back to normal.
>
> The first risk is quite low but exists, however the idea is to ensure that
> the second item is clarified with this testing.
>
> If you are interested and not put off by the problems, let me know.
>
> Eckhart

Special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.
Frank Herbert 'Dune'
William Pociengel
Office: 001-715-425-6769
Mobile: 001-715-338-4896