Re: [NTLK] PCMCIA GPS Receiver?

From: Steve <steve_at_craftsathome.net>
Date: Wed Sep 17 2008 - 12:40:05 EDT

I did see this one.

http://www.mightygps.com/pccard.htm

It says

  "
   Main Interface:
   H/W: PCMCIA Type II
   S/W: Emulated COM-port (COM1-4; Auto select)
   Baud Rate: 4800 bps, N, 8,1
   Protocol: NMEA(v2.0)- GGA,GSA,GSV,RMC,VTG,GLL
   Power: 5V / 3V ¡Ó5%
   Current: 3V : 160 mA.,max continue/ 60 mA avg. trickle power mode
   Voltage: 5V / 3V± 5%
   Current:
   3V: 160 mA.,max continue/ 60 mA avg. trickle power mode
  "

Which I think means it'd work in a 2100 without melting anything, so it may
be compatible with TeleTypeGPS (with the zTeletypeHack) and possibly
MapPadLite.

All comments welcome on this. If the hardware smells right to the more savvy
folks on this list, I'm willing to try it out and report my findings here.

Thanks.