Re: [NTLK] Interesting Screen Anomaly on 2100, Anyone...

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Sep 14 2008 - 21:35:28 EDT

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 8:49 PM, Woody Smith <woodysmith@comcast.net> wrote:
> I was attending to the assumption that you had an issue with the
> Digitizer, but this description may actually be an issue with the
> display. cracked LCDs that I have seen will have a dark oily like
> material that does ooze around. I have also seen burned out areas in
> the center of an eMate display that would change shape with pressure.

Hey, one note - i was down stairs in the basement checking around and saw a
slightly damaged MP2x00 which had the back half removed.
The Touch screen was damaged by some hard dents.
Now the touch screen did not have any of the Newton circles that Ryan
described BUT while I was holding it I noticed that how I pressed with my
fingers cause at a certain angle these rainbow like blob ring. Now the TS
was damaged and might be the reason why there were not really circular but I
do recall seeing them on occasion. So if I let go of the TS with my finger
it would disappear. If I pressed firmly to hard in one portion of the screen
it would appear again. I'm not sure what is causing this but it does occur
and I can't say why it occurs other than by what I happen to do. The
description Woody is describing is clear to me as I'm looking at a cracked
LCD in front of my as I type. But in that instance it would cause more often
than not a black colored shape and would not disappear (usually) in my
experience.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung