Re: [NTLK] Interesting Screen Anomaly on 2100, Anyone...

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Sat Sep 13 2008 - 20:27:09 EDT

Ok...
These seem to be classic Newton's rings.

"Some adhesives can lift the top layer of the screen
        and leave an air pocket, resulting in permanent Newton's Rings within
        the display's layers. Others can leave behind a residue on the screen."

So I think that one of the layers in the 2100's screen is loose, and there are now air pockets in there.  Any advice?

Has anyone taken apart a Newton LCD?  Can I separate the layers?