Re: [NTLK] Adjust Backlight Brightness MessagePad 2000?

From: newton <newton_at_nullachtfuenfzehn.de>
Date: Tue Sep 09 2008 - 05:13:25 EDT

newtontalk@newtontalk.net schreibt:
>I have looked could not find any info on this.† Is it possible to adjust
>the brightness of the backlight of the MessagePad 2000?†

i think not. it's a different technology compared to modern displays.
so e.g. a macbook does'nt make a „ieeeep“-noise while shining :-)

>I just acquired a 2100 and the backlight is so much brighter.† Not sure
>why, both were unused for their entire life.

they are loosing their brightness over hours of use and living not forever.

>I have loads of stuff on that ATA mind you.† On this note, how to tell
>what OS the Newton is running?

try to „freeze“ unused application on your card and it should getting
faster.

best regards,
jan