Re: [NTLK] Knowledgenavigator

From: PCBman Service <pcbmanservice_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon Sep 08 2008 - 19:01:20 EDT

Sonny,

Although I am not party to the actual circuit, I can take a more than
educated guess based on what is connected.
I think that they are indeed using logic to wait for a clock
transition. In addition, it looks like they monitor the LCD refresh.

Bottom line is that while the simple hack will work it is open to
failure from one unit to the next.

Question is:

Is a $2 crystal, switch and some wire worth $159 + shipping (or $239 +
shipping for emate)?

or

a 50cent stereo jack socket worth $159 + shipping?

You all can decide...

PCBman