Re: [NTLK] Poutine?

From: Mark Bock <markbvt_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 18:36:55 EDT

Morgan Aldridge wrote:

> Mmm, looks delicious. We're close enough to Québec that most
> restaurants in the Burlington, Vermont, area at least have gravy
> fries, some have gravy-cheese fries, but none make "Poutine" with
> "squeeky" cheese curds. :\

Mmm, VPB gravy-cheese fries, yum! (Burlington here too; didn't know
anyone else in this town even owned a Newton.)
> I do actually hear the word "Poutine" on occasion in said restaurants,
> but I think I'll actually have to cross the border to get some. Forgot
> to look for some a couple years ago when I was in Montréal for the
> first Osheaga music festival <http://www.osheaga.com/>.

Poutine can actually vary depending on where in Quebec you go. I got
some in eastern Quebec earlier in the summer and it came with BBQ sauce
on the fries instead of gravy. Still tasty though.

--mark

. . . . .
mark bock
KB1EXL
markbvt@comcast.net

"A youth who can't hit a cathedral at thirty yards with a Gatling gun in
three-quarters of an hour, can take up an old empty musket and bag his
grandmother every time, at a hundred." --Mark Twain