Re: [NTLK] Our newts die in 2010?

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 09:30:47 EDT

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 9:10 AM, RedJazz <redjazz_slo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I once set a MessagePad 110's clock to 2013 or so and it had no problems
> running; notes were properly dated, the Dates app worked fine, and the
> assistant could still interpret dates.
> M. Horvat

Ah, I'm going to interject here - could the 2010 Date Issue pertains *likely
* ONLY to a Newton with NOS 2.x

MP120 Upgrade or Stock NOS 2.0
MP130 NOS 2.0
MP2000/2000u/2100 NOS 2.1
eMate NOS 2.1 (or the ellusive NOS 2.2.00 if you were bad and forced your
eMate back to this)

NOS 1.x Units.
NotePad NOS 1.0b something or other..
OMP NOS 1.0
MP100 NOS 1.3
MP110 NOS 1.3 (or 1.2 on my Clear 110)
MP120 NOS 1.3 (non upgraded)

Since Horvat refers to an MP110 and we compare how it was tested this could
be considered inconclusive that the MP110 is not affected by the 2010 Date
Issue.

Does anyone else have experience in this matter?

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung