Re: [NTLK] Fwd: [re the next NewtCon] all about Canada

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2008 - 05:03:18 EDT

On 03.09.2008, at 08:35, Jon Glass wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 1:31 AM, matthiasm <mm@matthiasm.com> wrote:
>
>> Folks in Europe were anti-Bush four years ago, but when he was re-
>> elected, 80% of Europeans(*) lost much of their sympathy with the
>> U.S. . Apathy may be a reason, but not an excuse.
>
> I hate to say this, but this really relates, if you will just read to
> the end. But I hold no stock on this attitude. There is much less
> "Bush-hatred" than is reported. In fact, it has been during Bush's
> second term that there has been a resurgence of more conservative
> leadership in Europe (Sarkozy anyone)

There is little in common between the US meaning of conservative and
how European countries implement conservative politics, just like the
Democratic Party has very little in common with, for example, the
Social Democrats in Germany. Our election systems are quite different
as well, and distribution of power within the government is
substentially different. A drift to ither conservative, democrats, or
liberals here would not reflect a reaction to US politics or
politicians.

Anyway, thanks for your opinion. I feel bad for starting this
yestarday because this is not the place. I will end this discussion
here on my part, trying to get back to more Newtonian subjects ;-)

Matthias

----
http://robowerk.com/