Re: [NTLK] Fwd: [re the next NewtCon] all about Canada

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Sep 02 2008 - 16:04:09 EDT

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> but I think the world would be better off if Americans started thinking about themselves in relation to others, in a global landscape.

Of course, to be balanced and fair, you mentioned the Brits and
Russians, but they are equally as guilty as the US for playing up
their own achievements to the exclusion of others. And Poles tend to
be guilty of this as well. ;-) In fact, I bet that if you read text
books in most countries, you would find most nations guilty of this.
to a lesser or greater degree. It's one of those wonderful facets of
human nature that add color to life. :-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland