Re: [NTLK] WTB: FreeDock

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Sep 02 2008 - 12:19:08 EDT

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 3:15 AM, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca>wrote:
> I know Sonny has one of these. Sonny, you have all the cool stuff!
> I want to buy one...

Ryan,

Let me give you a word of advice.... Wait, wait and wait again. Try
repeating this till you fall asleep ;-P
I started looking for FreeDock way, way back... IIRC maybe as early as
1998-9 if my memory serves me right.
And I term it a 'miracle' first that I happen to find it in an auction on
eBay.
A major 'blessing' because only with the help of Frank was I able to get
this into my awaiting hands.
Of course Frank got the first shot to review it (see it inner workings) but
who could decline him ;-)

Ah, one last note - No, no, no - I've only had the pleasure and privilege to
get a few somethings so unique.
There are far more people who've had the means & opportunity to get even
cooler Newton Treasures than I
And thank you to those who've been gracious enough to share with the rest of
the Newton Community pics of them.

Can I ask Grant when he will have time to take out of his busy schedule to
peruse his collection so that we will be amazed and awed by what's in his
collection hidden away in some corner :-P
And a final shout out to those of you WAY WAy Way way out there (most likely
in Japan) who have a Clear Cased Newton MP2000/2100 which I have been dying
to see in person :D though I was able to collect most of the pics before
they were removed from the Internet permanently. I think the way back
machine no longer has them all now either :(

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung