Re: [NTLK] Refurbished NimH Battery Packs from Newton Sales

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Oct 29 2008 - 22:22:37 EDT

I have a friend that refurbishes battery packs for 2100's. He did three for
me. He does them for $50.00 plus shipping. His method is a bit different. He
cuts a window in the side, places the cells in and then pots them with an
ABS epoxy. My batteries had case fractures in the soft plastic they are mad
from. Potting them makes them slightly heavier but fixes any cracks that
have formed. On one of mine the exposed end cap was cracked all the way
around and nearly ready to fall off. Now it is solid again. Let me know off
list if you are interested in contacting and further tech info and I will
get you in touch with him.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/

Chris Searles wrote:
<snip>
Does anyone have any experience with these, i.e. with the refurbished
battery packs offered by Newton Sales for $129? Is this investment worth
making or are you better off just getting a battery cage on eBay and
using standard rechargables?
<snip>