Re: [NTLK] WiFi cards - which one is more compatible?

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Fri Oct 10 2008 - 13:31:09 EDT

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Carlos Pessoa Filho <carlos.pf@mac.com> wrote:

> Thanks for you input. I will ask the network administrator for the hex
> string. I am positive that what i have now is the password.
> How difficult it is to include the password field in the driver?

I have a feeling that there's already initial support for the
converting a WEP password to a WEP key in the code already, but I
haven't really looked at the code so I'm not sure if there is or how
far along it might be.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to update the WaveLAN driver to
support this or how many developers remain that might be willing to
tackle this.

> Does Hiroshi plan to continue his development?

He does not. He released the source code and an unlocked version as he
had discontinued development, sales, and support.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/