[NTLK] eMate question

From: <DHjelle_at_otpco.com>
Date: Tue Oct 07 2008 - 09:31:58 EDT

Hi,
We own two eMates. The battery packs were refurbished by Batteries Plus
about two years ago and I fixed the hinge problem. We don't use them
very often but have found them to be very handy for word processing
while traveling. They haven't been used for several months. Tomorrow
morning we are leaving on a trip so I charged up the eMate.
Unfortunately, nothing happened when I opened the lid - no sound, black
screen. I tried a soft reset, removing the battery for a few hours and
adjusting the sliders - still nothing. The battery checks out at 4.8
volts. I tried the same thing on the second eMate with the same results.
It seems very strange that they would both go dead at the same time.
Last night I removed the battery on one of the eMates so by tonight it
will have been disconnected about 24 hours. I suppose there is a slim
chance that will help. Does anyone have any other ideas about how I
could get the eMates working again?

Thank you very much.

Dean