[NTLK] MP 2000 and dongle

From: Lionello Sacchi <lionello.sacchi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 19 2008 - 14:22:31 EST

Hello,
With my MP2K I've a dongle to connect the Newton to Mac/Pc; can you tell if
the following info, got on the Internet, is ok also for the dongle 8 pin
mini-din found on the dongle? It should be, due to the fact the MP2K can
prin on Apple printers.
Thanks - Lionello

8 PIN MINI-DIN FEMALE at the computer.

It's possible to connect RS-232 peripheral to the RS-422 port available on
Macintosh computers. Use RXD- as RXD, TXD- as TXD, Ground RXD+, Leave TXD+
unconnected, GPi as CD.

  *Pin*

*Name*

*Dir*

*Description*

1

HSKo

OUT

Output Handshake

2

HSKi/CLK

IN

Input Handshake or External Clock

3

TXD-

OUT

Transmit Data (-)

4

GND

-

Ground

5

RXD-

IN

Receive Data (-)

6

TXD+

OUT

Transmit Data (+)

7

GPi

IN

General Purpose Input

8

RXD+

IN

Receive Data (+)

  **

*Notes*

   - Direction is DTE (Computer) relative DCE (Modem)
   - GPi is connected to SCC Data Carrier Detect (or to Receive/Transmit
   Clock if the VIA1 SYNC signal is high).