Re: [NTLK] mp2000 internal keyboard port?

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Nov 17 2008 - 16:15:50 EST

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Charles Mangin <option8@option8.com> wrote:
> my question is this: is there actually an unused keyboard port on the
> logic board? if so, has anybody fiddled with plugging in, say, the
> keyboard from an emate?

Charles, I don't thing there was ever anything discussed about that.The only
reference I recall was that there was a design sample where the MP2000 was
formed into a clamshell design with a keyboard built-in, this maybe what you
are referring to. However I maybe wrong about this so if anyone knows more
about this please speak up. The only thing within the MP2000 is the
connector that's used by the SER-001 and Dongle Destroyer. This is how we
get a direct serial port to connect our external Newton Keyboard to. If one
were to install this with a ribbon cable specifically formed to allow it to
exit out the location in question which is currently filled with a plastic
plug along the side of the Flip Cover then connected to a keyboard that
would replace the flip cover then yes, but nothing has ever surfaced that I
know of personally :| Not sure the difference between a eMate 300 keyboard
vs. the Newton External Keyboard if there is any and the exact specs to make
it work.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung