Re: [NTLK] Battery Draining When At Rest

From: <info_at_punkt-x.de>
Date: Mon Nov 17 2008 - 05:35:17 EST

Hi Dave, hi Jon,

many years ago I read - perhaps in this list -
that the Newton turns on and off every night to
manage some "internal jobs" (to-do's and other
date related topics (?) as far as I remember).
I'm not really sure about the exact reasons, but
I'm very sure that there was a reason related to
an integral function. And as far as I remember
there was an advice and a solution too.
(Perhaps have a look on your to-do's which are assigned onto the next day?)

I regret very much that I can't be more concrete,
but it is very, very long ago. And my memory is
just as imperfect as determined in that caseŠ
But I hope this hint can be nevertheless helpful.

I myself also noted this behavior of our honey.
Finally I simply removed the battery. Not just
the best, but a practical solution.

Stefan