Re: [NTLK] Who says there's no Mac tablet?

From: John Broughton <jdbroughton_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Nov 17 2008 - 01:43:13 EST

Mr. Hung,
Thanks for the input on the cursive recognition software. Remembered reading that Apple was no longer in control of it and that it had been incorporated into Windows Tablet Edition but did not know the specifics.
Mr. Vetter,
Agree with you that Apple does what they do better than anybody else manages. The recent successes of both clamshell and touch screened UMPCs or Netbooks and the willingness to "port" OS X to those platform proves the underlying desire for a Mac/Apple tablet. Until Apple does relent and put one on the market, these mods will continue and become more commonplace. I am sure that Apple willl do a tablet better than anyone with one of these little computers could ever do but this is what is available until that time.
Thanks to all for the imput on this subject. I am sure that Apple is listening. I'm just not sure how hard or seriously.