Re: [NTLK] Who says there's no Mac tablet?

From: Michael Schaefer <mpschaefer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun Nov 16 2008 - 16:32:55 EST

 This is interesting because I have been thinking about this sort of thing myself.I have been considering the Fujitsu Lifebook U1010U myself as a possible Newton Hardware Replacement. It features a nice colour screen which is something I am starting to have problems with on the Newton without turing on the Backlight.It ships with Windows Vista which in my opinion is not ideal but I may be able to get Linux running on it.My main approach with this has been in the loading and running on Einstein on the machine and moving my Newton Data across to it and basically carrying this machine instead.There are some problems:1. Battery Life: It is listed at 3 Hours. Not alot given the Newton goes weeks between charges even with my remaining flaky battery pack.2. I'll most likely loose Alarms which is something I make a lot of use of.3. Einstein? Is it ready to do something like this yet?I'd really appreciate some input. To date my experience with Einstein has been limited it worked pretty well on my Dell Latitude D620 a
t work, but after that machine had an unfortunate accident with a litre of cold tea, it doesn't seem to want to work at all on the D630 I now use.Regards,Michael