Re: [NTLK] Which version of NCU for Mac OS 9 (not classic mode)?

From: Tony Morrow <gizmo1482_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 12 2008 - 09:31:52 EST

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 3:45 AM, <info@punkt-x.de> wrote:
> Hi friends,
>

> on the road to Newton "revival" on my system I found a new problem
> and hope to get your advice.
>
> This is only for those who still/also use Mac OS 9.2.x
>
> I want to use my MP 2100 together with my Powerbook Pismo. It runs
> with Mac OS 9.2.2 (not in "classic mode" under OS-X!).
>
> When I try to install the Newton Connection Utilities (from the
> original Newton Install CD) the powerbook freezes during
> installation. I believe it is NCU 1.0 (no beta/it is the version of
> the CD that was delivered together with the MP 2100).
>
> The CD is OK, but I also tried it with the version from unna.org.
> There is a NCU version 2.0 too that can be installed and is OK, but
> this version only has a reduced set of functions.
>

> (1) Any idea what might be the reason?
> (2) Is there another full-version between 1.0 and 2.0, that has the
> full set of functions?
>
> (who knows up to which OS-version the 1.0 will run, if not 9.2.x?)
>

> Thanks for ideas in advance
> Stefan

Is the version on the CD just a .SIT file or three .IMG files? I've had
issues with the version on unna that was the single installer. To get NCU
installed on my systems I had to download the 3 floppy disk images, mount
all three at the same time and run the installer from the 1st disk image. I
haven't done this in OS 9 in a long time, but I believe it worked.

Download the disk images from the link below and see if you have better luck
<
http://www.unna.org/view.php?/apple/connection_utils/ForMac/NewtonConnectionUtilities