Re: [NTLK] WLAN vs. Bluetooth connection on Newt

From: Steve <steve_at_craftsathome.net>
Date: Thu Nov 06 2008 - 11:46:15 EST

I purchased a Newton 2100 that already had the Blunt Bluetooth stack loaded.
It appeared to work with a PICO card (discovered without crashing, etc). I
have not yet had Blunt work with my eMates (one stock, one 4mb expanded
memory), and I am starting to lean towards "Bluetooth doesn't work on the
eMate, no one has tested with one"* theory. I used an ethernet card in my
4mb eMate and it worked pretty well (ignoring the slow eMate CPU).

YMMV.

* I am dedicating my stock eMate to exploring Blunt, brain-wiping and trying
the 40Hz software stack. I am making a full combination/permutation chart
with the different Blunt versions to see where I get with what. I am pretty
pessimistic about it working at all, which is a shame because I have typed a
lot into Works and BT would give wireless freedom to move data back and
forth with my other computers. When I have the matrix/findings done I will
put them on any web site of a NewtonTalk member's choosing.