Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]Latest on registering the ATA drivers?

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed May 28 2008 - 16:12:33 EDT

> > I have emailed him, like others, but no reply.
> The guy is
> > frustrating. Either support your software or
> release the source
> > code...
>

> I can understand your frustration, but your sense of
> entitlement is
> kind of over the top.

Is that what you do, judge people here? It is not
just me... but for anyone who wants 'real' extra
space, the ATA driver is needed.

> He is a very busy guy, who has a lot going on
> besides the Newton.

So? We are all busy. What makes Paul any different
from anyone else? I know "brilliant" people too.
Paul is just another guy. Besides, the driver has
already been written, so he just needs to modify the
license code to free it from requiring a registration
key.

> > Douglas <doug-doug@earthlink.net> wrote: Does
> anyone know the
> > latest on registering Paul Guyot's ATA drivers? I
> am
> > dying to get this done since I need the space.
> Funny, I bought the driver when he was still
> accepting
> registrations, but have never actually used it. I
> have a 20M card
> and that has been adequate for my purposes.

Well, funny for us, we need more space. More than 64
or 128 as well. I have a 2 GB card I want to use but
am locked down to 4 mb.

In the end, my life is not going to end if I don't get
the driver, but there is a market for it.