Re: [NTLK] The "iMoleskine" ?

From: John Coady <jcoady_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed May 21 2008 - 13:06:00 EDT

>The Mac can't even work out which printer I want

Wow, you certainly got that right - and I thought I was the only one!!

I sometimes say to my wife who, you may be surprised to learn,
doesn't have the slightest interest in this kind of stuff, that the
computer should be able to remember (at least 99% of the time) which
printer we want - the Epson or the 15-year old LaserWriter. This is
after the computer has failed to remember for the umpteenth time that
my wife only ever uses the LaserWriter. You would think the computer
didn't even know that my wife can type with all fingers whereas I
can't.

And I couldn't agree more about my Mac being able to tell me that a
particular email address is out of date.

Computers are supposed to have good memories. Why don't they use them?