Re: [NTLK] Wiki question

From: Ron Parker <quadzillanet_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat May 17 2008 - 17:29:13 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: "Matt Howe"
Sent: 05/17/08 10:21 AM

> OK, I'm going to put a piece
> on the Wiki about my
> experiences with GPS and a
> Newton 2100.

That's really cool... Looking forward to it.

> So, what do I need to do?
> Do I need any kind of login?

The login process helps with attribution. Otherwise your newly created pages and subsequent edits get attributed to an IP # rather than a name of your choosing.

> Do I need any special
> software? Can I write it up in
> my word processor and then
> upload it some way?

No, but that is a helpfull way of organizing your article. There is a formatting help page link somewhere on the bottom of the wiki.

My question would be... Have they fixed the wiki / captcha to allow editting?

Last year, I wanted to update my stuff and add a couple more tutorials and wasn't able to.

--
Sent using my HTC Star Trek WinMo Communicator
--
     |\ |   @ TahoeKeysPOA.ORG