Re: [NTLK] might give up on newton

From: Donald Wilson <donald_at_donaldwilson.info>
Date: Tue May 13 2008 - 12:14:01 EDT

I'm having the same issues.

I bought ChatBuddy and NewtFTP, but due to doing a brain wipe, I can't
use them anymore, as Tactile's software is pulling random reg codes out
of the Newton's rear end.

Thankfully for Me, those are the only programmes I have that I purchased
that I have trouble with registering. The others, like ATA Drivers,
NewtsCape, don't use that kind of authentication system.

Without an SSH client (and I know the issues with creating one of those
for a Newt, I'm not trying to stir up that pot), and with the dearth of
systems still available via Telnet, and the poor screen handling of
PT100, ChatBuddy is just about the ONLY method of using IRC from the
Newt, and NewtFTP is, as far as I'm aware, the ONLY FTP client.

frustrating to be sure...
~Donald