Re: [NTLK] Connecting Newton to my LAN hub

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon May 05 2008 - 17:28:09 EDT

Hi Robert,

If you have the necessary drivers installed on the Newton a dialog
window will open when it is inserted. This window will offer the
selection of appletalk, check yes. though I don't think it matters
unless you are connecting with Classic.

If this window does not appear then you need to install the correct
drivers.

The Newton doesn't become a part of your network as you mac does, it
will use the ethernet card for specific functions such as docking with
NCX on your Mac or connecting to the internet via a browser or email
client.

If the card is recognized by your Newt and you have worked through the
setup instructions recommended by Gisela then you are ready to attempt
a connection.

If you have NCX installed and have the NCX internet extension on the
Newt, attempt to dock and watch carefully the newton display to see
what happens
do you get an IP address?

This is an incomplete response, but I need to know where you are in
the process. The fact that no light comes on on your router may not
be important until you attempt to access it.

Woody