Re: [NTLK] NewtWorks, footnotes, and MS Word

From: Mr Jonathan Dueck <jonathandueck_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Mar 31 2008 - 12:25:30 EDT

Hi, all,
I use Nisus Writer Pro (=3.0) and I can report that Nobumi has released a perfectly-working macro
set for these <fn> conversions for Pro. Pro is a worthwhile upgrade from Express, for academics,
because it supports ToC generation & other "large-document" features, _and_ because its footnote /
endnote code is more robust than Express's was. I use it for this <fn> conversion feature (even
though I don't use a Newton any more... alas!) so I can edit docs in text mode on either Google
Docs or on the very simple (html-formatting) editor on my Nokia N800.
I can also report that the most reliable way I found to generate RTF from NewtWorks (which I used
to write several academic articles) was to use X-Port. The RTF generally worked OK in Nisus, or if
not, it could be passed through an old version of Word and re-saved as a .doc, which opened fine
in Nisus.
-Jon