Re: [NTLK] Help with Blunt setup and a Pico card.

From: Morgan Aldridge <morgant_at_makkintosshu.com>
Date: Thu Mar 27 2008 - 14:06:39 EDT

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Stuart Mingay <stuartmingay@mac.com> wrote:

> Well, I've figured out why it's gone a bit quiet in this thread!
>
> Seems to me, after going through the archive, I've hit a problem that quite a few people have been unable to solve
>
> Basically, I've got a good script, my phone connects but then I get:
>
> Mail V Error. PPP negotiation failed. Check your settings
>
> ... or words to that effect. Seems like over the years loads of people have had this, and no-one's been able to solve it.
>
> Am I right?

I'm currently using my MessagePad 2100, Pico Card, and Verizon
Motorola V710. Joseph Solin figured out the modem script for the
Verizon/Motorola setup back in 2006:

    <http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2006-06/0252.html>

I had previously been using a U.S. Cellular Motorola 120t with my
PowerBook G3 (Pismo) via a USB cable using the instructions I had
noted in the same discussion:

    <http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2006-06/0250.html>

So, I was familiar with the Verizon process, but, unfortunately, I'm
not very good with modem scripts & init strings anymore. I know that's
not much help, but I just wanted to let you know that there's at least
some hope out there.

Morgan Aldridge

---
morgant@makkintosshu.com