Re: [NTLK] iPhone SDK = Newton Touch?

From: Sonya Hipper <sonyalynn_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 19:53:12 EDT

That's no reason some enterprising NewtonTalk hacks couldn't use the
free SDK for the development phase and then distribute over the
"jailbroken" network using Installer.app.

I mean, really, if we're willing to run NewtonOS in emulation on an
iPhone, shouldn't we be willing to jailbreak as well? ;-)

We all had to know that there was no way in hell that Apple would ever
allow a Virtual Newton onto the "Jesus Phone" (as the Register UK is
so fond of calling it).

-S

On Mar 12, 2008, Daniel Parnell <me@danielparnell.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately the iPhone SDK license specifically prohibits
> something like Einstein from being developed with it. 3.3.2 An
> Application may not itself install or launch other executable code
> by any means, including without limitation through the use of a plug-
> in architecture, calling other frameworks, other APIs or otherwise.
> No interpreted code may be downloaded and used in an Application
> except for code that is interpreted and run by Apple's Published
> APIs and built-in interpreter(s).

==
     "I urge you all today, especially today during these
times of chaos and war, to love yourself without reservations
and to love each other without restraint. Unless you're into
leather. And then, by all means, use restraints."
                                                 —Margaret Cho

Sonya Hipper
sonyalynn@earthlink.net
AIM: SonyaLynn