Re: [NTLK] iPhone SDK = Newton Touch?

From: Chilton Webb <chilton_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Mar 06 2008 - 18:29:39 EST

Hi Dave,

On Thursday, March 06, 2008, at 04:58PM, "David Lawrence" <newtonpoetry@gmail.com> wrote:
>So who wants to take up a collection for the $99 developer's fee, grab a bit
>of Cocoa, and make a Newton Touch app?
>I've got $5 toward the effort!

I'm working on something similar, though if I call it a Newton anything, I wonder if Apple will host it?

Seriously, one intent with moving Conjure to an entirely Cocoa codebase was to start Cocoa-izing all of my Newton UI concepts. Some of them (like dragging things to the sidebar to copy) aren't in this version, but the next version, 2.5, will bring a lot more of the Newton UI metaphors to the Conjure desktop. I thought I'd try my hand at an iPhone version of Conjure, and will probably mirror at least the feature set of the Newton pretty closely, with a few Conjure-specific concepts on top.

-Chilton
http://www.conjureBunny.com/