Re: [NTLK] Developing for Newton under OS X?

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 06:59:28 EST

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Stuart Mingay <stuartmingay@mac.com> wrote:
> Well, that's pretty painless. Got Basilisk II up and running with all
> the Newton dev tools etc. One problem is that I can't get it to
> recognise my Keyspan serial adapter: it says it's in use. I've tried
> specifying /dev/cu.USA19Hb1P1.1 and /dev/tty.USA19Hb1P1.1 but neither
> work. Any ideas on this one? The OS X port says "untested" regarding
> serial connections.

You need to uninstall the OS X drivers, and install the OS 9 drivers.
They are incompatible. If you have the OS X drivers installed, you
can't use the adapter under Classic or visa versa. I'm betting that
the same holds true for Basilisk. It can't recognize the OS X serial
adapter. I don't know, however, if the Classic drivers are compatible
with System 7.5. oops.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland