Re: [NTLK] Developing for Newton under OS X?

From: Daniel Padilla Roldán <dproldan_at_telefonica.net>
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 08:30:07 EST

Stuart Mingay escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to tinker around with developing some software for my (the) Newton, an MP2100. Now, I'm an experienced developer in C, C++, C# and Java so I'm not bothered by NewtonScript, I'd just like to know the starting point for development under OS X and if it's possible. I've been slowly browsing through all the dev stuff on UNNA. There seems to be plenty of stuff around.
>
> Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I don't have Classic installed on any of my Macs (all running 10.5.2).
>
> Once you've all stopped giggling, could someone point me in the right direction?!
>
> Thanks
>
> Stuart

    Let me also suggest using the windows NTK with a regular Windows XP
PC or using parallels on a Mac. WinNTK works great with XP and, imho,
can be a bit easier to use when one's not used to MacOS pre-X.

    Install ViewFrame in your Newton and get used to it. I've found it
to be the best tool along with the documentation and the Apple provided
samples.

Have fun!

Daniel