Re: [NTLK] eMate Educational Stuff

From: Joel M. Sciamma <joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk>
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 05:33:08 EST

Gary,

> Anybody recall the IO loop used by the HP41C? I sold
> them more than I used them. It could do data collection and
> logging. The
> nice thing about the loop was that adding a device did not require an
> extra port on the host. And device discovery was automatic. Very
> clever,
> but that was HP in the good old days.

Recall it? I'm still using it!

HPIL was, as you say, a very typically clever bit of work from an HP
that is long gone. The two computing devices that help to maintain my
sanity are the HPs and the Newtons.

The Mac and Windows look so old, so primitive, so decrepit now - just
labour creating devices. I wish I didn't have to use them anymore,
they annoy me too much.

Joel.