[NTLK] Oh yeah?

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Jun 24 2008 - 16:13:00 EDT

OK...I'm a Windows guy. Everybody here knows this...but I'm also a Newton user...so when I read this in an interview with Bill Gates, I just had to say "Oh Yeah?"
Here, check it out...;
"
M: When you look at operating systems, like Windows, what has gone right and wrong? What do you see that you need to add over the next decade or so?
B: Well, there is a famous quest of mine called integrated storage, where you have not just a file system but more of a very flexible object-type database: things like your contacts, calendars, favorites, your photos, your music—how you rate those things are stored in a much more structured environment. And so they can be navigated easily and move between applications very easily. And that hasn't happened.
snip"

Hmmm, sounds alot like how our Newtons work, doesn't it? I wonder if this were to be brought to Gates' attention, if *HE* would resurect the Newton platform?

Here is the article URL:

Ed
web/gadget guru
Never mind that we just had an incredibly cold winter in North America and huge record snowfalls across the continent. As Al Gore said to a bunch of us the other day, these record cold spells and record snowfalls are actually caused by global warming. To which Jerry York replied, &quot;Jeez then I guess we better stop this global warming before we all f**king freeze to death, eh?&quot;

- &quot;Fake&quot; Steve Jobs 3/24/08 blog entry