Re: [NTLK] OT Mac question

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Thu Jun 19 2008 - 23:28:13 EDT

On Jun 19, 2008, at 5:24 PM, Matt Howe wrote:

> OK, what does it mean when I boot my G3 AIO Molar and all I get is
> a picture
> of a floppy disk with a blinking question mark on it? Does it mean
> the hard
> drive has gone south? But it won't boot off of CD either.

As the other poster stated try holding down the "C" key with the CD
ROM inserted. This should boot from the CD rom.

Personally I have never much cared for the logic board used in the
all in one G3 or any of the other original beige G3 powermacs, as I
have seen a lot of this type of behavior that isn't rational (ie not
a bad drive or bad disk).

You can also try resetting parameter memory (or PRAM). This is done
by holding down 4 keys at once when the mac is powered on. Command
(this is the key with the cloverleaf and Apple on it) Option, P and
R. Keep holding down all 4 keys until you hear the mac restart
(chime) 4 times. Now let go and see if anything happens.

There are other more extreme voodoo measures...

HTH,
Marty