[NTLK] OT - PowerBook OS Level to be a Newt Accessory?

From: Steve <steve_at_craftsathome.net>
Date: Wed Jun 04 2008 - 15:19:42 EDT

I found a PowerBook 3400c for $42 (200MHz, 80mb RAM, 2gb HD) so I snapped it
up. It has no install discs but it has OS 9 on it.

Since it's "new" to me, I want to wipe it clean and use it exclusively for
some Newton/eMate development* and support tasks. Can anyone say if it's
better to stick with the OS 9 load, or should I wipe it clean and do OS
7.6.1?

Yes, I've searched a bit through http://marc.info/?l=newtontalk&r=1&w=2

Thanks.

*Does NSBasic/NewtCard allow development on the Mac and just deployment on
the Newton/eMate, or do I have to develop on the Newt exclusively?