Re: [NTLK] Anyone compiled Einstein on NIT OS2008 (Maemo)?

From: Mr Jonathan Dueck <jonathandueck_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Jul 21 2008 - 13:33:05 EDT

OK... Nothing appears for this in the Macports bug database, at least not for me. However, I do see that Paul Guyot (no surprise there!) is the maintainer for the arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc port. So, if he's watching this discussion, he might be able to help with this error message: MacPorts compile errors, at least for me, often have to do with the portfile for the port in question (points to the wrong place online, wrong command for version, etc.).

Sometimes, though, I'm able to fix MacPorts errors just by re-updating everything (sudo port selfupdate; sudo port upgrade outdated; sudo port install x). I'll have to give the cross-compiler a try myself soon and see what happens! Thanks so much for answering my questions about how this has worked for you, Scott.

-Jon