Re: [NTLK] Memory cards questions

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Thu Jul 17 2008 - 02:01:37 EDT

> Just for laughs, can you please tell me the cost (in
> EUR) of shipping such a card to America?

Sent in a padded envelope shipping to the USA is EUR 2.00 if
you do not want insurance. Sent in a small box without insurance
it is either EUR 4.00 if I can keep the weight below 100g or
EUR 8.00 if I can't. Unfortunately the cheapest way to insure
stuff sent to the USA from Germany would result in a shipping
price of EUR 32.00, which I think isn't really an option.

All this is what I pay at the post office.

> I ask this because I prefer getting electronic items
> in small boxes. However, I'm guessing that you've
> shipped quite a few such cards around the worlds, so
> for all I know, padded envelopes could work quite
> well. [shrugs]

They do, in my opinion. As a matter of fact I am convinced that
they are the safer way to send things because they are routed
through channels that only small and light items are routed
through. Another letter falling on a padded letter wouldn't do
much harm in most cases, but a large heavy box falling on
a small light one might well kill the light one's content.

Regards

Frank