Re: [NTLK] Which backlight is better?

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jul 13 2008 - 15:52:59 EDT

~~~ On 2008/07/13 17:53, matthiasm at mm@matthiasm.com wrote ~~~

> The missing contrast is the one big reason that I can't use the Newton
> on a daily base. For me, it is also age related. My vision is
> definetly getting worse (and my eye doctor says that this is just the
> beginning), and contrast is my biggest issue.
>
> I was wondering if a generally brighter backlight will help (LEDs come
> to mind), but I am afraid that this will not help the contrast at all.
> I tried to find different displays, even if that means that I have to
> build a new case, but I could not find a compatible one.
>
> Sigh, when will I get new hardware for my eyes? ;-)

Matthias,

I can't promise anything of course, but I can say that it helped me to get
the white screen. There's also a blue-ish screen but I liked the contrast
of the white better.

If you know anyone who already have had it done look at theirs first.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl