Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V8 #290

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Mon Jul 07 2008 - 10:39:42 EDT

On 06.07.2008, at 02:44, Ed Miller wrote:

>> It is possible, but you will need a phone line. This can easily be an
>> internal line, a telephone system without a connection to the outside
>> world. These systems are quite cheap nowadays. All they need to
>> privide is a way to call one analog phone from another.
>
> Hmmmm. Could you provide any more info on this internal telephone
> systems? Where could I buy one?

I am still searching. Technically, it is something like this:

<http://www.talkswitch.com/products/>

but in a much lower price range. This one here may work: the key
feature seems to be the fax-to-modem "Scanner" functionality. I have
not tried this machine though, so no promises from my end.

<http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=161679&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Shopping%20Comp-_-Datafeed-_-Technology

"ComSwitch 7500 4-Port Phone Switch"

Matthias

----